Eid Al Adha 2022 in UAE: hotel rates double for 4-day weekend – News
People prefer to stay in the country rather than travel abroad as Covid cases rise
Prices for stays over the Eid long weekend have risen exponentially, according to industry sources.
“Prices are skyrocketing due to high demand,” said Raja Mir Wasim, director of Galadari International Travel Services. “Many people who were planning to travel abroad during Eid have changed their plans due to the increase in Covid cases. They prefer to go to a local place for stays and relax with their family.
UAE residents will have a long weekend in July as the UAE marks Eid Al Adha. According to astronomical calculations, the Islamic holiday should take place from Friday July 8 to Monday July 11. This means that it will be a four-day weekend for public and private sector employees in the United Arab Emirates. Actual dates will be determined by sighting the crescent moon.
“Prices usually increase around Eid breaks,” said Malik Bedekar, COO of Smart Travel. “However, this year many people are having problems getting visa appointments for European countries. Ticket prices for cheaper places also go up to 2800 Dh per person. Rather than spending this amount, many many people prefer to do local stays or even day trips.
A quick search reveals that some prices have more than doubled. A well-known hotel in Dubai that offers rooms from Dh663 during normal weekends has raised its prices to Dh1480 over the Eid weekend.
Another popular Ras Al Khaimah resort has seen prices drop from Dh1135 for the weekend of July 1-3 to Dh2037 for the same package on the weekend of July 8-10.
Bujair Mangalangattu of Deira Travel and Tourism echoes the same observations. “Rising airfares, difficulty finding European visa appointment slots and Covid cases are causing people to change their holiday plans,” he said. “Also, many people also don’t want to go for the 4 nights and 5 days that fixed departure packages usually offer. They are looking for shorter and cheaper options to stay with their family. This is why the prices of stays are increasing.
Earlier this week, dnata Travel, the UAE’s oldest travel provider, revealed that demand for local resorts and hotels is growing and 25% of their overall travel bookings for the planned break in the Eid al-Adha in July are for stays in the UAE.
List of stays
Khaleej Times has compiled a list of some of the best UAE holiday deals:
1. FIVE Palm Jumeirah has a “Stay 4 Pay 3 offer” which gives a room rate from Dh3719.25 for four nights over the Eid weekend.
2. A 50-hour/2-night Eid Al Adha experiential package at Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi includes free breakfast, flexible check-in and check-out, and discounted prices on spa treatments, among other amenities, at from 2,600 Dh per room for a coral room.
3. Stay two nights at the 5-star InterContinental Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa with a free upgrade from daily breakfast to all-inclusive, starting at Dh915 per person when booking through dnata Travel.
4. Stay one night at the 5-star Th8 Palm, managed by ACCOR with up to 60% savings, from 165 Dh per person or, if you want all meals included (breakfast, lunch and dinner), upgrade at 365 Dh per person, when booking via dnata Travel.
5. Palazzo Versace Dubai organizes an Eid Al Adha getaway from 1,000 Dh per room per night. The price includes accommodation in a deluxe room, daily breakfast at the Giardino for two adults and 20% discount on SPA massages and other dining experiences.
6. Smart Travels is offering a stay at Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection in a Deluxe King Room with free breakfast and access to all parks for Dh950 per room per night for 2 adults and one child during the Eid weekend.
7. Anantara Eastern Mangroves offers an exclusive Eid offer with free breakfast, lunch or dinner and a free stay for children under 12, from 609 Dh.
8. The InterContinental Dubai Festival City offers a Shop, Stay and Dine package which includes a two-night stay with breakfast and dinner. Starting at Dh800 per night, the package includes a free Dh200 gift voucher for Dubai Festival City Mall.
*Prices may vary depending on availability
READ ALSO :